Friday 2 September 2011

PeopleSoft Search

If you’ve been browsing my blog directly, you may have already noticed the PeopleSoft Search link on the site’s header. This is simply a Google Custom search engine pointing to sites containing relevant PeopleSoft technical content. This includes mostly forums and blogs.

I find this useful when I need to search for keywords that are not specifically related to PeopleSoft. Following is an example result when searching for “excel”:
Sample Search result

I still have trouble filtering out RSS from the results, if anyone can help me with that.

Now, if you’re browsing my site using Firefox 2, you may also notice the following auto-discovered PeopleSoft Search item on your search bar:
Firefox Search Engines

Following is how the auto-discovered search would like it IE7:
IE7 Search Engines

This plugin is packaged using the OpenSearch standard, as described in this Mozilla article.

The plugin can also be installed by clicking the following link:

Install PeopleSoft Search

No comments:

Post a Comment